Your order will ship: TODAY
Ready to get serious about fret work?
Get your vintage Fender in tune again!
StewMac is one of the only luthier suppliers in North America offering Crelicam branded ebony
Give your vintage or new amp the exact power it needs.
The warm sound of tape delay in a pedal!
Designed in collaboration with Billy Gibbons for Righteous Big Texas Tone!
Dan demonstrates how to fix a crack in a boutique acoustic guitar.
• Unboxing the kit
• Outlining the build
• Discussing staining and finishing
• Laying out the bracing pattern
• How to glue up and clamp the braces
• Building a mold to hold your uke for assembly
• Gluing the sides, neck and tail block, and linings
• Making and installing side dots
• Installing and gluing in the frets
• Gluing on the fingerboard
• Final shaping the neck
• Leveling the frets
• Rounding the fret tops
• Fine-tuning the fret ends
• Final sanding a body and neck before finishing
• Positioning the bridge and neck
• Fitting the neck to the body for a perfect fit
• Mixing custom stains
• How to prep end grain for staining
• Why to stain the body and neck separately
• Gluing the fingerboard extension
• Gluing the neck and keeping it straight
• Clamping the neck with rubber bands
• Final prepping the wood for finishing
• How to scuff sand
• Finishing with a rag and a brush
• Applying the final coat
• Gluing on the bridge
• Installing the tuners
• Fitting the nut and saddle
• Fine-tuning the action and playability
• Oiling the fretboard and bridge
Our mobile site is new,
DON'T MISS A BEAT, sign up for StewMac news