The most famous name in banjo pegs—exclusively from StewMac.
For nearly 50 years Five-Star® pegs have been the choice of players and builders for quality and reliable tuning.
This Five-Star 5th string peg has a high quality traditional worm-gear design. It features a right-angle peg with string post, with a 14:1 gear ratio for smooth and precise tuning.
Beautiful knobs and plating
We've greatly expanded your choice of knobs so that you can find the custom look for your new banjo or to perfectly restore a vintage original.
Pick the look that's right for you
- Ivoroid knobs are machined from Galalith, a dense and durable casein-based material that polishes beautifully. It resembles real ivory, but is a non-animal alternative.
- Amber Swirl has the look of a loved knob that aged gracefully.
- Ebony knobs are machined from real wood. They're lightweight and add a custom look to your banjo.
- Cream has a vintage-correct look for many banjo styles.
- Black gives a clean, contemporary style to your banjo.
- Vintage Pearloid is semi-translucent and has the look of early plastics that compliments vintage hardware.
This tuner requires a tapered peghole in the banjo neck (see our 5th Peg Reamer). Splines and a small "fin" hold the peg firmly and prevent rotation in the neck. Glue is not necessary in a correctly tapered hole.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING