Build the Schatten pickup coil winder yourself and SAVE!
It's easy to assemble, and the kit includes instructions and all the parts. You supply simple hand tools and a soldering iron. Schatten's redesigned smaller-profile machine is ideal for occasional pickup winding in the average repair shop.
Repair old pickups, build custom overwound, underwound and coil-tapped models, and create pickups for custom or specialty instruments: with a Schatten hand-feed winder you can do it all.
The kit includes everything needed to assemble a fully working Schatten Model B winding machine. The parts are pre-drilled, and assembly consists mostly of soldering work and parts installation. Estimated assembly time is about 45 minutes.
Improved Schatten winder features:
- Single-arm design with switchable rotation direction
- Stronger motor for fast 900 rpm average winding speed
- Speed control
- Electronic counter with reset
- Adjustable cross-feed limiter for controlling pickup coil width
- Durable ABS enclosure with sturdy platform base
- Works with 38 to 44 gauge coil wire or finer
Check out our Pickup Kits: go for the vintage sound or wind 'em your own way.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING