THE rock-n-roll standard
This is the guitar you've seen in the hands of your idols since childhood. You know all the details: the stunning top, the arches and curves of the body, and the responsive set neck. When you see the body shape you instantly know the thick, warm, bold tones that this guitar is famed for. Don't just dream of owning one, build it yourself with a few simple tools.
These kits are ready for you to open the box and start your build. Like the S and T-style kits, we've made it easy for anyone to make a great guitar on their first try.
The right details for the right tone
These are made with the traditional specs, arched top and set neck. Each of our kits comes with the neck individually matched and fit to each body, for a perfect fit. No need to worry about getting the neck angle just right, we've dialed it in for you.
Get 50% off a Finishing Set!
Finally, you can make this guitar look amazing with the iconic colors you've always imagined—all without complicated spray equipment! ColorTone Aerosol Finishing Sets make it simple to get professional results you'll be proud of. You'll get 50% off these finishing sets when you purchase a kit. Choose from these classic colors:
Cherry Sunburst - Flame Top Also sold separately
This is it! This Cherry Red is the perfect match for the 1958, 1959, and 1960 'bursts.
Antique Gold - Flame Top Also sold separately
This is the 1950s Goldtop you've been looking for. It's a dark and warm gold color with a metallic brass look, the perfect match of those original Goldtops.
Dark Back - Spalted Top Also sold separately
This set is inspired by the very dark tobacco brown finish seen on the back and neck of many 50s Gibsons.
First-time builder? No sweat.
You don't need a workshop, and there's a good chance you already own all the tools you'll need to get the job done. This kit comes with our step-by-step, beginner-friendly instructions and our highly knowledgeable staff of guitar techs are just a phone call away. StewMac has you covered, so you can enjoy the build.
Your kit includes everything you'll need:
- Mahogany body with either a premium flame maple or exotic spalted maple top veneer
- Neck pocket, pickup cavities and bridge holes are all drilled and routed for the perfect placement and fit
- Shaped mahogany neck has a 2-way truss rod installed
- 24-11/16" (627.06mm) scale length
- Bound granadillo fingerboard comes pre-installed with frets and traditional crown pearloid inlays
- Peghead is ready for your personal custom shape
- Pre-slotted nut for perfect action
- Chrome plated hardware—from sealed tuners to strap buttons
- Traditional tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece
- Humbucking pickups with chrome covers
- Quality potentiometers, caps, and wire
- Output jack
- Cream pickup rings, cover plates and accessories
- Traditional gold top-hat bell knobs
- Truss rod wrench
- And we even include 2 sets of strings and an output cord
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING