Big humbucker tone in a small package
Don't let the size fool you—this is a real guitar you can build in an afternoon, no shop required. It's no toy, you'll have a ton of fun building and playing it for years to come.
Customers loved our Mini S-Style and Mini T-Style kits, and wanted something with more of a single cut style. We're excited to bring you the Mini-LP! It has the same styling of its big brother, but with a shorter scale and tuned to a higher pitch. You can play all the same chords and scales you know with a completely new tone.
Looking for a super-easy first build?
If you've been on the fence about trying your first guitar build, this kit is just what you need. Everything comes pre-routed—the bridge location is already pre-drilled. Each neck is fit to each pocket for a super tight neck joint.
And, it's a one day build. Open the box in the morning and you'll be playing by afternoon. If you have a coffee table, you've got enough space to build this simple kit.
Plays just like your favorite guitars
This guitar sounds and plays just like a full scale guitar. Everything from the nut width (1-5/8") to the electronics and hardware are the same size as traditional full-size guitars (other than the neck plate). While everything is perfect right out of the box, it's easy to make this guitar your own. From vintage vibe to crazy modern, you can customize this guitar exactly how you want.
Mini LP-Style Electric Guitar Kit includes:
- Mahogany body, ready for final sanding and finishing
- Body is pre-routed and drilled for the proper placement of the neck, pickup, controls and control cavity, bridge, and tailpiece
- Pre-fretted mahogany neck with blank peghead and pre-installed truss rod
- 16.3" (414mm) scale length with 1-5/8" nut width
- Pre-installed fingerboard inlays
- Slotted nut
- Sealed tuners
- Full sized humbucker with pots and switch included for easy installation
- Output jack
- Classic LP-style chrome tune-o-matic and stop tailpiece
- Gibson-style knobs
- Detailed instructions written specifically for this kit
Looking for a full-sized LP-style kit? We've got those too!
Explore new sounds!
This little guitar sounds great in standard tuning, but you can explore so many more tones. In standard tuning these play best with light gauge strings (.09s or lighter) due to the shorter scale. For a totally new but familiar tone, we've enjoyed tuning these to Double Drop D, A to A (like a capo at the 5th fret), and all sorts of open tunings. Find what inspires you.
Build your little rocker today.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING