Famously clean, with enough guts to gig
Perfect for recording and performing, the D-Reverb produces warm clarity that absolutely refuses to get lost in the mix.
One of the most popular amps ever built, the original AB763 circuit puts this amp in the happy middle between bright clarity and rich distortion. It excels in the studio and on the stage. While capable of crystal clear tones at good volume, you can push this beloved classic into beautifully saturated, touch-sensitive distortion. It's all here: clarity, distortion, and rectifier tube sag.
From the twangy tones of Elvis to the speed and articulation of Eric Johnson
For an example of what this amp can do, just listen to the tones of James Burton, Eric Johnson, and Jason Isbell. You'll hear its unmistakable tone driving the country rock Tele® sounds of Elvis's hits. Eric Johnson uses two of these amps live for smaller venues to achieve his expansive stereo clean tone. Jason Isbell loves this amp so much that you can hear it all over his Instagram.
StewMac has painstakingly recreated this timeless amplifier in our '66 D-Reverb 22W Amp Kit. This is one of our Icon Kits: loving reproductions of vintage classics.
If building such an iconic classic sounds hard, don't worry. We've gone to great lengths to make sure this kit has the best step-by-step directions in the industry. The '66 D-Reverb is a perfect place to get serious about amp building. It comes with all the parts you need to complete this project in just a few weekends.
- The cabinet interiors are genuine 3/4" North American Pine (not plywood), just like the ones made in the Fullerton factory in the 1960s
- Superior craftsmanship on the tolex covered exteriors with perfectly aligned seams
- Premium quality hardware
- Top-shelf 6V6, 12AX7, 12AT7, 5AR4 tubes and vintage spec Heyboer transformers to give your amp the perfect vintage tone
- High-quality period-authentic resistors, CTS pots, Orange Drop caps, and Switchcraft jacks for their authentic tone and a lifetime of trouble-free use
- Authentic fiber eyelet boards just like the ones used in the original vintage amps
- Period-correct pushback wire
- 12" Jensen speaker—just like the ones used in the originals
- We created easy step-by-step instructions for each amp kit, breaking down every task into clear, bite-sized pieces. With hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations, these instructions make this an easy, fun and rewarding project—even for first-time builders.
Need Help? Our trained staff is standing by!
If you get stuck don't worry, we're here to help. Our amp team is just a phone call away.
You don't need a shop full of tools either!
The great thing about these amp kits is they only require a few relatively inexpensive tools.
Amp cabinet dimensions
Height: 16-7/8 (42.8cm)
Width: 24-3/16" (61.4cm)
Depth: 9-1/2" (24.13cm)
This amp is designed with a 120V power transformer, just like the originals. To use this kit with international voltages you will need an external step-up transformer (or third party power transformer) that is designed to handle the wall voltages present where you live.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING