Rout perfect truss rod channels—the easy way
Tired of having to make an elaborate jig to get a perfect truss rod channel? We came up with a simple and precise solution for this critical job.
The truss rod channel is one of the most important parts of a guitar. It needs to be straight and square for the rod to fit and function correctly. Many builders use an expensive table saw to cut this channel, but you can't see the cut until it's too late. If you wanted to use your router, you'd spend hours getting your jig set up and dialed in to get a good cut. That's where the Truss Rod Routing Template comes in.
Set up in a snap
The template makes it easy to set up, see your work, and get consistent, precise results. We custom-designed the template and the Colt Acrylic Router Base Attachment to work seamlessly with the Bosch Plunge Base for Colt Routers. Together they make it simple to set up, rout, and complete your slot in no time. You can even use the same template to rout for carbon fiber or titanium reinforcement rods.
Get ready to make your jig
We've made it easy to build this jig yourself. The template, custom acrylic router base, centering cone (which keeps your routing aligned to the template), and Bosch Plunge Base are all available separately. Get it all or just what you need!
- Cuts up to a 24-1/4" long x 1/2" wide slot (616mm x 12.7mm), final slot dimensions will vary depending on your chosen bit
- Works for most truss rod types: Hod Rod, low-profile, traditional compression, two way adjustable, both Martin styles, and more
- Works for installing reinforcement rods
- Overall template dimensions: 27-3/4" long x 3-7/8" wide x 5/16" thick (705mm x 98mm x 7.9mm)
Colt Acrylic Router Base Attachment Features:
- Custom made for routing truss rods slots
- Seamless integrates with Bosch Plunge Base (Bosch model PR011)
- Built-in router bushing
- Dimensions: 5-3/4" diameter x 1/4" thick (146mm x 6.35mm)
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING