Long lasting, and more durable than steel wool
Use 3M Scotch-Brite Pads for cleaning and deburring metal parts or scuff-sanding a finish. Great for waterbased finishes. Will never rust.
For cleaning, polishing, and refinishing
Reusable Scotch-Brite™ pads have many uses in the shop. They're durable, washable, and won't shed the way steel wool does. This means no surprise rust specks in a waterbased finish, and no pesky metal particles that stick to your pickup magnets.
We picked the 3 pads we use the most in our shop:
#7447 General Purpose Pad, maroon
- Ideal for scuff-sanding between finish coats and removing polyester finishes with a chemical stripper
- Similar to grade 1 steel wool
- 360-400 grit aluminum oxide abrasive
#7448 Ultra Fine Pad, gray
- The last step to a flawless finish
- Useful for de-glossing a sticky neck
- Similar to grade 00 steel wool
- 2000-2500-grit silicon carbide abrasive
#7445 Light Duty Pad, white
- Lasts longer than steel wool and doesn't shed
- Cleans and polishes hardware and frets
- Similar to grade 0000 steel wool
- Super-fine 2500-grit aluminum silicate abrasive
Each reusable pad is 6" x 9" x 0.250" (152mm x 229mm x 6mm).
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING