What you see is what you get
We've photographed each set individually—what you see pictured in the first image is the actual wood you'll receive. Zoom in and check out each set's unique figure, grain, and every detail of your kit's back, sides, and top then get started building your dream guitar.
This is no ordinary kit, this limited edition WOODSTAX dreadnought kit uses our hand-selected premium tone woods. We combined a totally unique and beautiful AAA Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia) back and side set with our lightest and stiffest AAA Sitka Spruce (Picea sitchensis) tops so you'll create an absolutely stunning guitar.
You don't need a shop full of tools
Perfect for beginners or pros alike! If you don't have all the specialized tools you need to thickness tops or bend sides, or you want a head start that will save you hours of build time, this is the kit for you. All of the critical work is done so you can start and finish this build with ease. When you open the box, you're ready to build.
These are just a few of the complicated steps that are done for you:
- Carving the neck
- Joining, thickness-sanding, and profiling the soundboard and back
- Cutting the soundhole and routing the rosette channel
- Accurately bending the sides
While Wild Grain Rosewood can sometimes be a challenge to work with—we've taken care to select pieces that are stable, flat, and well behaved. We've precisely bookmatched and joined the back and cut it to shape. Now you can build your dream guitar with this visually striking and fantastic sounding wood.
But wait, it gets even better...
A guitar of this caliber deserves the best tuners in the world, so we're giving you a FREE set of Waverly Tuning Machines with your kit. These tuners feature vintage oval knobs with highly polished nickel plating. Elegant and precise, Waverly's are hand-built in the USA with the same pride and patience that you'll put into your instrument. All Waverly's come with an unconditional lifetime warranty.
This kit has the best of everything, including:
- AAA Sitka Spruce top with soundhole and rosette channel
- AAA Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood back, joined and cut to shape
- AAA Quartersawn East Indian Rosewood sides, accurately bent
- Rosewood fingerboard, slotted
- Rosewood headstock overlay
- Rosewood bridge
- Carved Mahogany neck, precisely machined neck joint at the 14th fret
- Quartersawn Spruce pre-carved braces
- Pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Black pickguard
- Bleached bone nut and saddle
- Upgraded precision-machined white Waverly Galalith bridge pins
- Waverly Galalith white end pin and white strap button
- FREE Waverly Tuning Machines with Bright Nickel hardware and Vintage Oval knobs
- White binding
- Pre-radiused frets
- Laminated black and white purfling and herringbone rosette
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Pre-cut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- 71 minute, step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
We're with you every step of the way
When you buy one of these guitars, you get a lot more than "just" a kit, you get a complete course in guitar building.
The instruction book, written by master luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine, is extremely detailed—no other kit has anything like it. You also receive a 71-minute step-by-step DVD with Todd and Dan that walks you through every part of the process to guide you to a successful build.
Plus, our expert techs are here to help. We're just a phone call away for advice or help if you need it.
Pick your kit before it's gone!
All WOODSTAX items come with our 100% satisfaction promise and no-hassle returns. If you are unhappy with the wood once you get it, simply return it in its original, unworked condition for a full refund or exchange.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING