What you see is what you get
We've photographed each set individually—what you see pictured in the first image is the actual wood you'll receive. Zoom in and check out each set's unique figure, grain, and every detail of your kit's back, sides, and top and get ready to build your dream guitar.
This is no ordinary 000-size guitar kit, this limited edition WOODSTAX kit uses our hand-selected premium tone woods. We combined a striking Pau Ferro (Machaerium scleroxylona) back and side set with a straight-grained and torrefied AAA Sitka Spruce (Picea sitchensis) top for a rich, played-in tone for a combination that's visually stunning and sounds fantastic.
Pau Ferro sports the visual distinctions of strong black grainlines, rich golds, browns, and sometimes green shades often combined with striking variegation. The visual appeal is somewhat similar to Rosewood, but with much more prominent grain variation. This contrasts well with the exceptionally straight-grained torrefied Sitka Spruce, which has a warm light caramel color that compliments the appearance of Pau Ferro.
You don't need a shop full of tools
Perfect for beginners or pros alike! If you don't have all the specialized tools you need to thickness sand tops or bend sides, or you want a head start that will save you hours of build time, this is the kit for you. All of the critical work is done so you can start and finish this build with ease. When you open the box, you're ready to build.
These are just a few of the complicated steps that are done for you:
- Carving the neck
- Joining, thickness-sanding, and profiling the soundboard and back
- Cutting the soundhole and routing the rosette channel
- Accurately bending the sides
But wait, it gets even better...
When you buy one of our Limited Edition WOODSTAX kits you'll also receive a set of FREE Waverly Tuning Machines!
The woods in these kits are truly outstanding and beautiful. That's why we've decided to include a FREE set of Waverly Tuning Machines. This kit comes with our Polished Nickel Tuners with White Knobs that will provide a great look with the white binding, bone nut and saddle, and white bridge pins.
This kit includes the best of everything, including:
- AAA Torrefied Sitka Spruce top with soundhole and rosette channel
- AAA Pau Ferro back, joined and cut to shape
- AAA Pau Ferro sides, accurately bent
- Ebony fingerboard, bridge, and overlays
- Carved Mahogany neck, precisely machined neck joint at the 12-fret, dovetail or bolt-on
- Quartersawn Spruce pre-carved braces
- Unbleached bone nut and saddle
- Upgraded precision-machined Waverly White bridge pins and matching end pin and strap button
- FREE Waverly Tuning Machines with Bright Nickel hardware and White knobs
- White binding
- Frets, rosette, and trim
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Pre-cut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- 71 minute, step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
We're with you every step of the way
When you buy one of these guitars, you get a lot more than "just" a kit, you get a complete course in guitar building.
The instruction book, written by master luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine, is extremely detailed—no other kit has anything like it. You also receive a 71-minute step-by-step DVD with Todd and Dan that walks you through every part of the process to guide you to a successful build.
Plus, our expert techs are here to help. We're just a phone call away for advice or help if you need it.
Pick your next custom build before it's gone.
All WOODSTAX items come with our 100% satisfaction promise and no-hassle returns. If you are unhappy with the wood once you get it, simply return it in its original, unworked condition for a full refund or exchange.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING