What you see is what you get
We've photographed each set individually—what you see pictured in the first image is the actual wood you'll receive. Zoom in and check out each set's unique figure, grain, and every detail of your kit's back, sides, and top and get ready to build your dream guitar.
This is no ordinary OM kit, this limited edition WOODSTAX kit uses our hand-selected premium tone woods. We combined our most stunning AAA Flamed Black Walnut (Juglans nigra) back and side sets with our lightest and stiffest AAAA Western Red Cedar (Thuja plicata) tops for you to create an absolutely magnificent custom guitar.
You don't need a shop full of tools
Perfect for beginners or pros alike! If you don't have all the specialized tools you need to thickness sand tops or bend sides, or you want a head start that will save you hours of build time, this is the kit for you. All of the critical work is done so you can start and finish this build with ease. When you open the box, you're ready to build.
These are just a few of the complicated steps that are done for you:
- Carving the neck
- Joining, thickness-sanding, and profiling the soundboard and back
- Cutting the soundhole and routing the rosette channel
- Accurately bending the sides
The combination of Flamed Black Walnut and Western Red Cedar are a fingerstyle player's dream. The response from the Cedar plus the clarity of the Flamed Walnut enhances every note, and allows for an incredibly articulate tone. Fingerpicked lines are fast and dry, not full of unwanted overtones. The reddish brown of the Cedar and striking figure of the Walnut make this guitar visually striking. Paired with the elegant Ebony bridge and fingerboard, the aesthetics of the woods will only be enhanced under the finish you choose.
While flamed woods can sometimes be a challenge to work with—we've taken care to select Walnut that is stable, flat, and well behaved. We've precisely bookmatched and joined the back and cut it to shape. Now you can use this gorgeous looking and sounding wood to craft your dream guitar without worry.
But wait, it gets even better...
A guitar of this caliber deserves the best tuners in the world, so we're giving you a FREE set of Waverly Tuning Machines with your kit. These tuners feature highly polished nickel plating with oval knobs. Elegant and precise, Waverly's are hand-built in the USA with the same pride and patience that you'll put into your instrument. All Waverly's come with an unconditional lifetime warranty.
This kit has the best of everything, including:
- AAAA Western Red Cedar top with soundhole and rosette channel
- AAA Flamed Black Walnut back, joined and cut to shape
- AAA Flamed Black Walnut sides, accurately bent
- Solid Ebony fingerboard
- Solid Ebony bridge and overlay
- Carved Mahogany neck, precisely machined neck joint at the 14-fret
- Quartersawn Spruce top and back braces
- Pearloid diamond inlays
- Unbleached bone nut and saddle
- Precision-machined Waverly bone bridge pins
- Waverly Ebony endpin and strap button
- FREE Waverly Tuning Machines in bright nickel with oval knobs
- White binding
- Black pickguard
- Black and white purfling and herringbone rosette
- Pre-radiused frets
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Pre-cut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- 71 minute, step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
We're with you every step of the way
When you buy one of these guitars, you get a lot more than "just" a kit, you get a complete course in guitar building.
The instruction book, written by master luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine, is extremely detailed—no other kit has anything like it. You also receive a 71-minute step-by-step DVD with Todd and Dan that walks you through every part of the process to guide you to a successful build.
Plus, our expert techs are here to help. We're just a phone call away for advice or help if you need it.
These remarkable kits won't last long. Pick yours before it's gone!
All WOODSTAX items come with our standard 100% guarantee. If you are unhappy with the wood once you get it simply return it in its original, unworked condition for a full refund or exchange.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING