Part-time / Contract Copywriter
StewMac, one of the most recognized brands in supplying tools and supplies to guitar makers and repair shops across the globe, is offering Fall Semester internships for undergraduate and graduate level students.
The position entails writing copy for:
- Our website, emails, social media, and other online properties
- Marketing materials
- Print advertising
- Instruction Manuals
- The ability to think creatively and translate ideas into copy
- Strong technical and research skills to ensure all copy is correct and accurate
- Experience in writing strong, succinct copy that is engaging, grammatically correct, and matches the voice of StewMac's existing marketing assets
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt ideas to finished copy
- The ability to meet deadlines and work in a professional environment
- Great organizational skills
- An eye for detail and a desire for perfection
- A passion for writing and the willingness to learn from other creative professionals
Desired (but not absolutely necessary) Skills:
- Musical instrument experience (guitar, ukulele, banjo, etc.)
- Growing, building or managing professional social media accounts
- Woodworking experience
This is an outside contract position. You may work at our offices to have access to our staff to answer questions about your assignments but you're not required to. That's totally up to you.
Hours and pay are flexible and commensurate with experience and knowledge of our industry.
Stewart-MacDonald provides a fun and supportive work environment, competitive wages, and excellent benefits. To apply, please email a cover letter, resume (including salary history,) and portfolio to email@example.com.