Sparkling bright, perfect for surf
Plug your single-coils straight in for that signature clean American tone, or go surfing with the original AA1164 circuit and real tube-driven spring reverb and tremolo circuits, not digital effects!
The smallest member of the 1960s black panel family to offer reverb and tremolo, this amp made its name as a jangly pop dream machine. Aficionados treasure its early low-end breakup powered by a pair of 6V6 tubes.
For an example of the clean tones listen to "Surfin' USA", and look no further than the great tones of Mike Campbell of The Heartbreakers to hear more of what this amp can do. These cleans are THE definition of the rich, full sound of American tone out of Fullerton. When you drive this amp to breakup, the sweet overdriven sound is the tone of early electric blues.
StewMac has lovingly recreated this timeless amplifier in our '65 P-Reverb 15W Amp Kit. This is one of our Icon Kits: loving reproductions of vintage classics.
If building such an iconic classic sounds hard, don't worry. We've gone to great lengths to make sure this kit has the best step-by-step directions in the industry. The 65 P-Reverb is a perfect place to get serious about amp building. It comes with all the parts you need to complete this project in just a few weekends.
- The cabinet interiors are genuine 3/4" North American Pine (not plywood), just like the ones made in the Fullerton factory in the 1960s
- Superior craftsmanship on the tolex covered exteriors with perfectly aligned seams
- Premium quality hardware
- Top-shelf 6V6, 12AX7, 12AT7, 5AR4 tubes and vintage spec Heyboer transformers to give your amp the perfect vintage tone
- High-quality period-authentic resistors, CTS pots, Orange Drop caps, and Switchcraft jacks for their authentic tone and a lifetime of trouble-free use
- Authentic fiber eyelet boards just like the ones used in the original vintage amps
- Period-correct pushback wire
- 10" Jensen speaker—just like the ones used in the originals
- We created easy step-by-step instructions for each amp kit, breaking down every task into clear, bite-sized pieces. With hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations, these instructions make this an easy, fun and rewarding project—even for first-time builders.
Need Help? Our trained staff is standing by!
If you get stuck don't worry, we're here to help. Our amp team is just a phone call away.
You don't need a shop full of tools either!
The great thing about these amp kits is they only require a few relatively inexpensive tools.
Amp cabinet dimensions
Height: 16" (40.64cm)
Width: 20" (50.8cm)
Depth: 9-1/2" (24.13cm)