It may be small, but it sounds like a cavern!
This is not a digital simulation, model, or software plug in—this is the real deal! We were amazed with how many solid state "spring reverb" pedals are on the market! There are literally hundreds of pedals that try to capture the elusive sound of this orginal 6G15 unit. We're here to tell you that no matter how hard they try—nothing's ever going to beat the real thing.
This reverb tank has the authentic tube-driven spring reverb sound you just can't get from a pedal. This is a painstaking replica of the original reverb tank that changed how music sounded forever.
StewMac has lovingly recreated the revered 6G15 circuit in our timeless '64 Reverb Unit Kit. This is one of our Icon Kits: modern reproductions of vintage classics.
Before players had solid state delay units and digital reverb was the norm, musicians from every genre relied on actual tubes, springs, and good ol' physics for reverb with the 3 dimensional fullness and alive quality no pedal has ever come close to capturing. So why spend countless hours (and dollars) chasing the ultimate clone when you can have the real thing now?
Get the sound that revolutionized music
Analog spring reverb might be the most iconic and recognized effect ever created. Seriously, so many of your favorite iconic tones featured this amazing reverb sound. From just a touch to give some depth to clean jazz chords, echoey bluesy bends, huge reverb soaked leads of rockabilly and surf...honestly, could surf music even exist without this unit? Reverb is an essential part of how we hear electric guitars.
And the best part is, this old school effect is SUPER easy to build.
Even if you've never built an amp, pedal or even wired a guitar before—this is a great place to get started. We've gone to extreme lengths to make sure this kit is "beginner friendly" and has the best step-by-step directions in the industry.
It comes with all the parts you need to complete this project in just a couple evenings.
- The cabinet interiors are genuine 3/4" North American Pine (not plywood), just like the ones made in the Fullerton factory in the 1960s
- Superior craftsmanship on the tolex covered exteriors with perfectly aligned seams
- Premium quality hardware
- Top-shelf 6V6, 12AX7, and 12AT7 tubes and vintage spec Heyboer transformers to give your tank the perfect vintage tone
- High-quality period-authentic resistors, CTS pots, Orange Drop caps, and Switchcraft jacks for their authentic tone and a lifetime of trouble-free use
- Authentic fiber eyelet boards just like the ones used in the original vintage amps
- Period-correct pushback wire
Need Help? Our trained staff is standing by!
If you get stuck don't worry, we're here to help. Our amp team is just a phone call away.
You don't need a shop full of tools either!
The great thing about these amp kits is they only require a few relatively inexpensive tools.
Amp cabinet dimensions
- Height: 10" (25.4cm)
- Width: 19" (48.2cm)
- Depth: 7-1/2" (19.05cm)