The original British powerhouse that shook the world
When this amp launched in a tiny London club in September 1963 it changed the world, and we still can’t get enough.
Favored by blues and rock players for its exceptional sustain, the '62 Brit-Plex is chock-full of harmonic gain, with a thick but focused midrange that refuses to get sloppy or lost in the mix. Put this head on a classic 4x12 cab and watch out!
Just listen to the raw power Angus Young gets on "High Voltage" to hear how commanding this amp can be. The '62 Brit-Plex is the original sound of classic rock, and has a virtually unlimited suite of tones that can be dialed in with ease.
StewMac has lovingly recreated this timeless amplifier in our '62 Brit-Plex Amp Kit. This is one of our Icon Kits: modern reproductions of vintage classics.
Take your amp building skills to the next level with this kit. The ‘62 Brit-Plex is a perfect place to get serious about amp building. This is an involved amp and will be a fun challenge to complete.
If building such an iconic amp sounds hard, don't worry. We've gone to great lengths to make sure this kit has the best step-by-step directions in the industry. With hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations, these instructions make this an easy, fun and rewarding project.
It comes with all the parts you need to complete this project in just a few weeks.
- The head cabinet interiors are genuine 3/4" North American Pine
- Superior craftsmanship on the tolex covered exteriors with perfectly aligned seams
- Premium quality hardware
- Top-shelf EL34, 12AX7, 5AR4 tubes and vintage spec Heyboer transformers to give your amp the perfect vintage tone
- High-quality period-authentic resistors, CTS pots, reproduction mustard caps, and Switchcraft jacks for their authentic tone and a lifetime of trouble-free use
- Authentic epoxy turret boards just like the ones used in the original vintage amps
Need Help? Our trained staff is standing by!
If you get stuck, don't worry, we're here to help. Our knowledgeable team of amp builders are just a phone call away. Our team is deeply involved with building these amps and can answer any question you have.
You don't need a shop full of tools either!
The great thing about these amp kits is they only require a few relatively inexpensive tools. We've got everything you need to build this amp right!
Amp head cabinet dimensions
Height: 9-3/4" (24.76cm)
Width: 26" (66cm)
Depth: 8-1/4" (21cm)
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING