One cutaway, one pickup, limitless rock tone!
You know the sound. One big chord thundering from the stadium stage: ragged, loud, ROCK! The Single-Cut Jr has pure, classic, honest tone. No frills, nothing more than just what you need to get excited to play.
The Single-Cut Jr is a refreshingly simple guitar. Originally designed as a student model, this guitar quickly became an icon. From classic rock to punk, the Single-Cut Jr has found a home in the hands of players of all types. We've taken the best elements of this design and put together a great kit that will sound and play fantastic.
These kits are ready for you to open the box and start your build. Like our S and T-Style kits, we've made it easy for anyone to make a great guitar on their first try.
The tweaks you want, and the details you need
We took our time, listened to customer feedback, and chose the features you wanted for this timeless model. The classic elements are there—mahogany slab body, set mahogany neck, single P-90, and simple controls. The P-90 is updated from the "dogear" to the "soapbar" style for more adjustability and options if you want to change the pickup. The bridge is fully adjustable, the most common aftermarket mod for this guitar.
Let's face it, this is a simple to build kit. Great for your first build or a fun weekend project. Each of our kits comes with the neck individually matched and fit to each body. No need to worry about getting the neck angle just right, we've dialed it in for you.
And with our series of ColorTone Lacquers and Finishes, you can make it look exactly like you've always pictured it. This model looks great in any color; we love TV Yellow or Tobacco Sunburst.
First-time builder? No sweat.
You don't need a workshop, and there's a good chance you already own most of the tools you'll need to get the job done. This kit comes with our step-by-step, beginner-friendly instructions and our highly knowledgeable staff of guitar techs are just a phone call away.
StewMac has you covered, so you can enjoy the build.
Your kit includes everything you'll need:
- Solid Mahogany slab body
- Neck pocket, pickup cavity and bridge holes are all drilled and routed for the perfect placement and fit
- Shaped mahogany neck has a 2-way truss rod installed
- Granadillo fingerboard comes pre-installed with frets and traditional dot inlays
- Peghead is ready for your personal custom shape
- Pre-slotted nut for perfect action
- Chrome plated hardware—from sealed tuners to strap buttons
- Adjustable wraparound bridge
- P-90 pickup with black cover
- Quality potentiometers, caps, and wire
- Output jack
- Black traditional style pickguard and cover plates
- Black knobs
- Truss rod wrench
- And we even include 2 sets of strings and an output cord
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING