The ultimate, boutique-quality kit for fingerstyle players
Our internal team of expert builders has individually hand selected 25 sets of our best, most highly figured, AAA Figured Black Walnut (Juglans nigra) and the lightest, stiffest, most striking AAAA Western Red Cedar (Thuja plicata) tops in our inventory to create these kits.
EXTREMELY LIMITED—Only 25 available!
If you're looking to build a premium, Master Grade guitar, using the finest woods and materials, this is the perfect kit for you. If you don't have all the specialized equipment you need to thin tops or bend sides, or you want a head start that will save you hours and hours of build time, this kit has all of the critical work done so you can start and finish this build with ease.
Our most requested fingerstyle guitar woods
The combination of Figured Black Walnut and Western Red Cedar is a fingerstyle player's dream. The response from the cedar plus the clarity of the figured walnut enhances every note, and allows for an incredibly articulate tone. Fingerpicked lines are fast and dry, not full of unwanted overtones.
The reddish brown of the cedar and striking figure of the walnut make this guitar visually stunning. Paired with the elegant ebony bridge and fingerboard, the aesthetics of the woods will only be enhanced under the finish you choose.
Not only are the the top, back, and sides top quality, everything about this kit is the highest quality possible.
- AAAA Western Red Cedar top with soundhole and rosette channel
- AAA Figured Black Walnut back, joined and cut to shape
- AAA Figured Black Walnut sides, accurately bent
- Solid Ebony fingerboard
- Solid Ebony bridge and overlay
- Carved Mahogany neck, precisely machined neck joint at the 14-fret, dovetail or bolt-on
- Quartersawn Spruce top and back braces
- Bone nut and saddle
- Upgraded precision-machined Waverly Ivoroid bridge pins and matching end pin
- Frets, bindings, rosette and trim
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Pre-cut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- 71 minute, step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
But wait, it gets even better—we're throwing in a set of
FREE Waverly Tuning Machines!
Because a kit of this quality deserves the finest tuning machines available, we have decided to include a set of our Waverly Tuning Machines with Polished Nickel hardware and elegant Vintage Oval Knobs for FREE!
You don't need a big shop
If you're a new builder and don't have a shop full of specialized tools these kits are a great place to start. We've done the critical machining—from joining the tops and backs to bending the sides to milling the neck joint to ensure parts fit well right from the start.
We're with you every step of the way
When you buy one of these guitars, you get a lot more than "just" a kit, you get a complete course in guitar building.
The instruction book, written by master luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine, is extremely detailed—no other kit has anything like it. You also receive a 71-minute step-by-step DVD (over $40 value) with Todd and Dan that walks you through every part of the process to guide you to a successful build.
Plus, our expert techs are here to help. We're just a phone call away for advice or help if you need it.
Get your Limited Edition Master Grade kit before it's gone.