Modern woods for a unique voice and stunning look
The figure in these Flamed Cherry sets is ropey with three dimensional rolling movement—it will simply explode under finish. The Lutz Spruce top has long been a favorite of high-end boutique builders and has recently even made it on the main stage for large manufacturers due to it's ultra-light, ultra-stiff qualities. It produces an incredibly responsive guitar from the first stringing and only gets better with age.
We only have 25 of these kits, and unfortunately when they're gone, they're gone.
When deciding on which woods to offer for our next limited edition kit, we were inspired by the number of boutique builders using domestic alternative tonewoods. When we dug through our wood piles and discovered a small stash of stunningly beautiful highly-figured Flamed Cherry (Prunus serotina), we knew pairing it with Lutz Spruce (Picea × lutzii) would make a great kit—one that would look amazing and sound fantastic too.
EXTREMELY LIMITED—Only 25 available!
But wait, it gets even better...
When you buy one of our Limited Edition kits you'll also receive a set of FREE Waverly Tuning Machines!
Let's face it, these kits are unique and special. That's why we've decided to include a set of our Waverly Tuning Machines. Our Limited Edition Flamed Cherry Kit Comes with A FREE set of Polished Nickel Tuners with Ebony Knobs!
These kits are perfect for beginners or pros alike.
If you don't have all the specialized equipment you need to thin tops or bend sides, or you want a head start that will save you hours and hours of build time, this kit (like all our kits) has all the critical work done so you can start and finish this build with ease.
This kit includes the best of everything, including:
- AAA Lutz Spruce top with soundhole and rosette channel
- AAA Flamed Cherry back, joined and cut to shape
- AAA Flamed Cherry sides, accurately bent
- Ebony fingerboard, bridge, and overlays
- Carved Mahogany neck, precisely machined neck joint at the 14-fret, dovetail or bolt-on
- Quartersawn Spruce pre-carved braces
- Bone nut and saddle
- Upgraded precision-machined Waverly Ebony bridge pins and matching end pin and strap button
- FREE Waverly Tuning Machines with Bright Nickel hardware and Ebony knobs
- Black binding
- Frets, rosette, and trim
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Pre-cut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- 71 minute, step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
We're with you every step of the way
When you buy one of these guitars, you get a lot more than "just" a kit, you get a complete course in guitar building.
The instruction book, written by master luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine, is extremely detailed—no other kit has anything like it. You also receive a 71-minute step-by-step DVD (over $40 value) with Todd and Dan that walks you through every part of the process to guide you to a successful build.
Plus, our expert techs are here to help. We're just a phone call away for advice or help if you need it.
Get your Limited Edition kit before it's gone.