Build a beautiful 000 guitar with a powerful sound
Pau Ferro (Machaerium scleroxylona) has long been a favorite back and side wood of boutique builders due to its strong tone and beautiful grain. We paired this with the rich, played-in tone of a torrefied AAA Sitka Spruce (Picea sitchensis) top for a combination that’s visually stunning and sounds fantastic.
Pau Ferro sports the visual distinctions of strong black grainlines, rich golds, browns, and sometimes green shades often combined with striking variegation. The visual appeal is somewhat similar to a rosewood, but with much more prominent grain variation. This contrasts well with the exceptionally straight-grained torrefied Sitka Spruce, which has a warm light caramel color that compliments the appearance of Pau Ferro.
Tonally, Pau Ferro and torrefied Sitka Spruce are the perfect match for a guitar that is bold and vibrant with strong fundamentals and even response.
And, Pau Ferro is a closed-grain wood that makes finishing an absolute dream. There are no pores to fill.
We are only making 25 of these highly-desired kits, so when they are gone, they’re gone forever.
EXTREMELY LIMITED—Only 25 available!
But wait, it gets even better...
When you buy one of our Limited Edition kits you'll also receive a set of FREE Waverly Tuning Machines!
The woods in these kits are truly outstanding and beautiful. That's why we've decided to include a FREE set of Waverly Tuning Machines. This kit comes with our Polished Nickel Tuners with White Knobs that will provide a great look with the white binding, bone nut and saddle, and white bridge pins.
These kits are perfect for beginners or pros alike. If you don't have all the specialized equipment you need to thin tops or bend sides, or you want a head start that will save you hours and hours of build time, this kit (like all our kits) has all the critical work done so you can start and finish this build with ease.
This kit includes the best of everything, including:
- AAA Torrefied Sitka Spruce top with soundhole and rosette channel
- AAA Pau Ferro back, joined and cut to shape
- AAA Pau Ferro sides, accurately bent
- Ebony fingerboard, bridge, and overlays
- Carved Mahogany neck, precisely machined neck joint at the 12-fret, dovetail or bolt-on
- Quartersawn Spruce pre-carved braces
- Unbleached bone nut and saddle
- Upgraded precision-machined Waverly White bridge pins and matching end pin and strap button
- FREE Waverly Tuning Machines with Bright Nickel hardware and White knobs
- White binding
- Frets, rosette, and trim
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Pre-cut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- 71 minute, step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
We're with you every step of the way
When you buy one of these guitars, you get a lot more than "just" a kit, you get a complete course in guitar building.
The instruction book, written by master luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine, is extremely detailed—no other kit has anything like it. You also receive a 71-minute step-by-step DVD (over $40 value) with Todd and Dan that walks you through every part of the process to guide you to a successful build.
Plus, our expert techs are here to help. We're just a phone call away for advice or help if you need it.
Get your Limited Edition kit before it's gone.