THE rock-n-roll standard
This is the guitar you've seen in the hands of your idols since childhood. You know all the details: the stunning top, the arches and curves of the body, and the responsive set neck. When you see the body shape you instantly know the thick, warm, bold tones that this guitar is famed for. Don't just dream of owning one, build it yourself with a few simple tools.
These kits are ready for you to open the box and start your build. Like the S and T-style kits, we've made it easy for anyone to make a great guitar on their first try.
The right details for the right tone
These are made with the traditional specs, arched top and set neck. Each of our kits comes with the neck individually matched and fit to each body, for a perfect fit. No need to worry about getting the neck angle just right, we've dialed it in for you.
And with our series of ColorTone Lacquers and Finishes, you can make it look exactly like you've always pictured it. The flamed or spalted maple tops look great with the classic ‘burst or more modern translucent finishes.
First-time builder? No sweat.
You don't need a workshop, and there's a good chance you already own all the tools you'll need to get the job done. This kit comes with our step-by-step, beginner-friendly instructions and our highly knowledgeable staff of guitar techs are just a phone call away. StewMac has you covered, so you can enjoy the build.
Your kit includes everything you'll need:
- Mahogany body with either a premium flame maple or exotic spalted maple top veneer
- Neck pocket, pickup cavities and bridge holes are all drilled and routed for the perfect placement and fit
- Shaped mahogany neck has a 2-way truss rod installed
- 24-11/16" (627.06mm) scale length
- Bound granadillo fingerboard comes pre-installed with frets and traditional crown pearloid inlays
- Peghead is ready for your personal custom shape
- Pre-slotted nut for perfect action
- Chrome plated hardware—from sealed tuners to strap buttons
- Traditional tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece
- Humbucking pickups with chrome covers
- Quality potentiometers, caps, and wire
- Output jack
- Cream pickup rings, cover plates and accessories
- Traditional gold top-hat bell knobs
- Truss rod wrench
- And we even include 2 sets of strings and an output cord