The premier hard rock guitar!
Put your horns up! From the smoky clubs of Birmingham to the stadiums of Sydney nothing is more hard rock than the G-Style guitar. The aggressive tone, easy playability, and instantly familiar look has never been equaled. The G-Style's mahogany body gives the ideal foundation for finding your perfect hard rock and heavy metal tone. Now you can build this rock machine!
These kits are ready for you to open the box and start your build. Like our S and T-Style kits, we've made it easy for anyone to make a great guitar on their first try.
Build this timeless guitar your way
This kit has the specs you want—set mahogany neck, elegantly carved contours, and beveled horns. Each kit comes with the neck matched to the body, ready for you to fine tune the perfect fit. No need to worry about getting the neck angle just right, we've dialed it in for you.
We made sure our kit had all the details right—routed for humbuckers, the holes for the hardware are drilled, ready for you to install. These kits come with top quality appointments, the fretboard is bound with classic crown inlays, and all the hardware is included. This kit is ready for you to get your hands dirty and tweak it how you want.
First-time builder? No sweat.
You don't need a workshop, and there's a good chance you already own most of the tools you'll need to get the job done. This kit comes with our step-by-step, beginner-friendly instructions and our highly knowledgeable staff of guitar techs are just a phone call away.
*Special Offer* Save BIG with a Finishing Set!
Finally, you can make this guitar look amazing with the iconic colors you've always imagined—all without complicated spray equipment! ColorTone Aerosol Finishing Sets make it simple to get professional results you'll be proud of. The Cherry Red is the finish you know from vintage SGs. Red Mahogany replicates that darker red/brown color of well-loved SGs from the 70s. These colors are translucent, highlighting the grain of the mahogany.
StewMac has you covered, so you can enjoy the build.
Your Guitar Kit includes everything you'll need:
- Mahogany body with classic contours
- Neck pocket, pickup cavities and bridge holes are all drilled and routed for the perfect placement and fit
- Shaped mahogany neck has a 2-way truss rod installed
- Bound granadillo fingerboard comes pre-installed with frets and traditional crown pearloid inlays
- Peghead is ready for your personal custom shape
- Pre-slotted nut for perfect action
- Chrome plated hardware—from sealed tuners to strap buttons
- Traditional tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece
- Humbucking pickups with chrome covers
- Quality potentiometers, caps, and wire
- Output jack
- Black pickup rings, cover plates and accessories
- Traditional black knobs
- Small style black pickguard
- Truss rod wrench
- And we even include 2 sets of strings and an output cord
Each ColorTone Finishing Set includes enough supplies to complete an entire instrument:
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING