If you only had one guitar...
...a 335 can do anything!
You know the sound of a 335 as soon as you hear it. Clear and full or warm and thick, it's a guitar that pushed the limits of what the electric guitar could do, from the streets of Chicago to the stage at Royal Albert Hall. From rock to jazz to blues, the 335 will change the way you play, sound, and think about the guitar.
Since 1958, this semi-hollow guitar has defied convention. Designed to bridge the gap between the warm tone of fully hollow guitars and the sustain and feedback resistance of solid body guitars, the 335 excels at any musical application. And their style, with elegant curves and clean lines is undeniable.
Now anyone can build this icon on their first try. A difficult guitar to make from scratch, we've worked long and hard to finally bring you this guitar as one of our kits. We've taken out the guesswork, and this guitar is ready to build straight from the box.
Build this unique, high quality kit
You've seen countless Strat, Tele, and LP kits, but it's not everyday you see a 335, especially one that has the quality you're looking for. Building this style of guitar is nearly impossible for beginners, and very time consuming for an experienced builder. This kit is just as easy to build with our step-by-step instructions!
We've done the hardest parts—we glued the body to the center block, and routed for the pickups, f-holes, and hardware.
Each of our kits comes with the neck individually matched and fit to each body, for a perfect fit. No need to worry about getting the neck angle just right, we've dialed it in for you.
These kits come with top quality appointments, the tops are beautifully flamed, the body and fretboard are bound, with classic dot inlays. We've got the ColorTone Lacquers and Finishes (cherry is a good choice!) to make this guitar look as amazing as you imagined.
We made sure our kit had all the details right—the routing is clean, the binding is straight, and the top is stunning. You don't need to spend hours fixing a kit before you even start to build.
First-time builder? No sweat.
You don't need a workshop, and there's a good chance you already own all the tools you'll need to get the job done. This kit comes with our step-by-step, beginner-friendly instructions and our highly knowledgeable staff of guitar techs are just a phone call away.
StewMac has you covered, so you can enjoy the build.
Your kit includes everything you'll need:
- Pressed laminate semi-hollow body with center block—just like the originals
- Premium flame maple top veneer
- Mahogany back and sides
- Neck pocket, pickup cavities and bridge holes are all drilled and routed for the perfect placement and fit
- Shaped mahogany neck has a 2-way truss rod installed
- Bound granadillo fingerboard comes pre-installed with frets and traditional dot pearloid inlays
- Peghead is ready for your personal custom shape
- Pre-slotted nut for perfect action
- Chrome plated hardware—from sealed tuners to strap buttons
- Traditional tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece
- Humbucking pickups with chrome covers
- Quality potentiometers, caps and wire
- Output jack
- Cream pickup rings, cover plates and accessories
- Traditional gold top-hat bell knobs
- Truss rod wrench
- And we even include 2 sets of strings and an output cord
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING