What you see is what you get
We've photographed each set individually—what you see pictured in the first image is the actual wood you'll receive. Zoom in and check out each set's unique figure, grain, and every detail of your kit's back, sides, and top and get ready to build your dream guitar.
This is no ordinary OM kit, this limited edition WOODSTAX kit uses our hand-selected premium tone woods. We combined a flamed and stunning AAA Flamed Koa (Acacia koa) back and side set with our lightest and stiffest Master Grade European Spruce (Picea abies) tops so you'll create an absolutely magnificent custom guitar.
You don't need a shop full of tools
Perfect for beginners or pros alike! If you don't have all the specialized tools you need to thickness sand tops or bend sides, or you want a head start that will save you hours of build time, this is the kit for you. All of the critical work is done so you can start and finish this build with ease. When you open the box, you're ready to build.
These are just a few of the complicated steps that are done for you:
- Carving the neck
- Joining, thickness-sanding, and profiling the soundboard and back
- Cutting the soundhole and routing the rosette channel
- Accurately bending the sides
There's simply no other wood that has the distinct, breathtaking looks of Flamed Koa. Growing only in the islands of Hawaii, the combination of dynamic figure and hues of golden amber, rich browns, blacks, and even purple makes every set a unique showpiece. When combined with the pale cream color and rigid straight-grain of the European Spruce top, the guitar you make will look a beautiful as it will sound.
While highly figured woods can sometimes be a challenge to work with—we've taken care to select Koa that is stable, flat, and well behaved. We've precisely bookmatched and joined the back and cut it to shape. Now you can use this gorgeous looking and sounding wood to craft your dream guitar without worry.
But wait, it gets even better...
A guitar of this caliber deserves the best tuners in the world, so we're giving you a FREE set of Waverly Tuning Machines with your kit. These tuners feature highly polished nickel plating and genuine Ebony knobs that complement the black binding and Ebony appointments. Elegant and precise, Waverly's are hand-built in the USA with the same pride and patience that you'll put into your instrument. All Waverly's come with an unconditional lifetime warranty.
This kit has the best of everything, including:
- Master Grade European Spruce top with soundhole and rosette channel
- AAA Flamed Koa back, joined and cut to shape
- AAA Quartersawn Flamed Koa sides, accurately bent
- Ebony fingerboard, slotted
- Ebony headstock overlay
- Ebony bridge
- Carved Mahogany neck, precisely machined neck joint at the 14th fret
- Quartersawn Spruce pre-carved braces
- Pearloid dot fingerboard inlays
- Black pickguard
- Bleached bone nut and saddle
- Precision-machined Waverly bone bridge pins
- Waverly Ebony endpin and strap button
- FREE Waverly Tuning Machines with Bright Nickel hardware and Ebony knobs
- Black binding
- Pre-radiused frets
- Laminated black and white purfling and herringbone rosette
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Pre-cut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- 71 minute, step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
We're with you every step of the way
When you buy one of these guitars, you get a lot more than "just" a kit, you get a complete course in guitar building.
The instruction book, written by master luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine, is extremely detailed—no other kit has anything like it. You also receive a 71-minute step-by-step DVD with Todd and Dan that walks you through every part of the process to guide you to a successful build.
Plus, our expert techs are here to help. We're just a phone call away for advice or help if you need it.
These remarkable kits won't last long. Pick yours before it's gone!
All WOODSTAX items come with our standard 100% guarantee. If you are unhappy with the wood once you get it simply return it in its original, unworked condition for a full refund or exchange.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING