What you see is what you get
We've photographed each set individually—what you see pictured in the first image is the actual wood you'll receive. Zoom in and check out each set's unique figure, grain, and every detail of your kit's back, sides, and top then get started building your dream guitar.
This is no ordinary kit, this limited edition WOODSTAX OM kit uses our hand-selected premium tone woods. We combined a dynamic and striking AAAA Monkeypod (Albizia saman) back and side set with our lightest and stiffest AAAA Western Red Cedar (Thuja plicata) tops so you'll create an absolutely stunning guitar.
You don't need a shop full of tools
Perfect for beginners or pros alike, if you don't have all the specialized tools you need to thickness tops or bend sides, or you want a head start that will save you hours of build time, this is the kit for you. All of the critical work is done so you can start and finish this build with ease. When you open the box, you're ready to build.
These are just a few of the complicated steps that are done for you:
- Carving the neck
- Joining, thickness-sanding, and profiling the soundboard and back
- Cutting the soundhole and routing the rosette channel
- Accurately bending the sides
The Koa-like grain and contrasting dark and light coloring makes Monkeypod one of our favorite woods. The fast attack pairs well with the responsiveness of the Cedar. This wood combination makes for a balanced guitar across the tonal spectrum, perfect for fingerstyle playing. The reddish brown of the Cedar and the golden hues of the Monkeypod create a superb looking and sounding instrument.
But wait, it gets even better...
A guitar of this caliber deserves high quality hardware, so we're giving you a FREE set of Golden Age Tuning Machines with your kit. These tuners feature vintage oval knobs with relic nickel plating for a well-loved look.
This kit has the best of everything, including:
- AAAA Western Red Cedar top with soundhole and rosette channel
- AAAA Monkeypod back, joined and cut to shape
- AAAA Monkeypod sides, accurately bent
- Ebony fingerboard, slotted
- Ebony headstock overlay
- Ebony bridge
- Carved Mahogany neck, precisely machined neck joint at the 14th fret
- Quartersawn Spruce pre-carved braces
- Pearloid dot fingerboard inlays
- Black pickguard
- Bleached bone nut and saddle
- Upgraded precision-machined Waverly bone bridge pins
- Waverly Ebony end pin and Ebony strap button
- FREE Golden Age Tuning Machines with Relic Nickel hardware and Vintage Oval knobs
- Black binding
- Pre-radiused frets
- Laminated black and white purfling and herringbone rosette
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Pre-cut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- 71 minute, step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
We're with you every step of the way
When you buy one of these guitars, you get a lot more than "just" a kit, you get a complete course in guitar building.
The instruction book, written by master luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine, is extremely detailed—no other kit has anything like it. You also receive a 71-minute step-by-step DVD with Todd and Dan that walks you through every part of the process to guide you to a successful build.
Plus, our expert techs are here to help. We're just a phone call away for advice or help if you need it.
Pick your kit before it's gone!
All WOODSTAX items come with our standard 100% guarantee. If you are unhappy with the wood once you get it simply return it in its original, unworked condition for a full refund or exchange.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING