What you see is what you get
This is no ordinary kit, this limited edition WoodStax kit uses our highest grade hand-selected premium tone woods. We combined a Master Grade Madagascar Rosewood (Dalbergia baronii) set and the lightest and stiffest AAA Red Spruce (Picea rubens) top so you can create a truly one of a kind guitar.
We've photographed each set individually—what you see pictured in the first image is the actual wood you'll receive. Zoom in and check out every grainline, every detail, and every inch of your unique back, sides, and top and start building your dream guitar.
You dont't need a big shop
Perfect for beginners or pros alike, if you don't have all the specialized tools you need to thin tops or bend sides, or you want a head start that will save you hours of build time, all of the critical work is done so you can start and finish this build with ease. When you open the box, you're ready to build. These complicated steps are done for you:
Madagascar Rosewood bears a striking resemblance to Brazilian Rosewood in both color and tone, with deep shades of brown, red, and purple, and Adirondack Red Spruce has been treasured by builders for its powerful projection and warmth for generations. These woods pair beautifully to create a sound that is dynamic, with clear, thunderous bass response and a vibrant high end that never gets lost.
- Carving the neck
- Bookmatching the soundboard and back
- Cutting the soundhole and routing the rosette channel
- Accurately bending the sides
The woods and materials are comparable to a $5000 factory-made instrument, but without your personal touches. With this top quality kit, it's never been easier to start your building journey.
But wait, it gets even better...
When you buy one of our limited edition WoodStax kits you'll also receive a set of FREE Waverly Tuning Machines!
The woods in these kits are the highest quality available. A kit of this caliber deserves the best hardware in the world, so we've decided to include a FREE set of Waverly Tuning Machines. This kit comes with our #4060 Nickel Tuners with Butterbean Knobs that will provide a great look with the cream binding, bone nut and saddle, and bone bridge pins.
This kit has the best of everything, including:
We're with you every step of the way
- AAA Red Spruce top with soundhole and rosette channel
- 5A Master Grade Madagascar Rosewood back, joined and cut to shape
- 5A Master Grade Madagascar Rosewood sides, accurately bent
- Master Grade Madagascar Rosewood fingerboard, slotted
- Madagascar Rosewood headstock overlay
- Indian Rosewood Bridge
- Carved Mahogany neck, precisely machined, neck joint at the 14-fret
- Quartersawn Spruce pre-carved braces
- Pearl dot fingerboard inlays
- Tortoloid Pickguard, individually unique
- Unbleached bone nut and saddle
- Upgraded precision-machined Waverly bone bridge pins, Waverly Snakewood end pin, and Snakewood strap button
- FREE Waverly Tuning Machines in Nickel with Butterbean Knobs
- Cream binding
- Pre-radiused frets
- Matching pre-bent herringbone rosette and purfling
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Pre-cut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- 71 minute, step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
When you buy one of these guitars, you get a lot more than "just" a kit, you get a complete course in guitar building.
The instruction book, written by master luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine, is extremely detailed—no other kit has anything like it. You also receive a 71-minute step-by-step DVD with Todd and Dan that walks you through every part of the process to guide you to a successful build.
Plus, our expert techs are here to help. We're just a phone call away for advice or help if you need it.
Pick your kit before it's gone!
All WOODSTAX items come with our standard 100% guarantee. If you are unhappy with the wood once you get it simply return it in its original, unworked condition for a full refund or exchange.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING