Stable, lightweight, and stunning
Fender’s Roasted Maple necks amplify everything you love about a Strat neck.
Torrefied or "roasted" woods are now relied on by custom shops and boutique builders to give their instruments a more vintage and responsive tone. It's like the neck has that played-in tone and feel already built right in.
When a neck is roasted, it becomes more stable, lightweight, and takes on an aged caramel color. The increase in stability is truly surprising—the necks are far more resistant to temperature and humidity change. And, the tone is undeniable!
Classic Strat looks with a modern feel
The neck shape is a "Flat Oval", a modern feeling profile that has plenty of meat, but plays fast and effortlessly. The 22 jumbo frets are highly polished and feel slick. The 12" radius is the best of both worlds for comfortable chording and quick lead playing. The synthetic bone nut has pilot grooves that are ready for you to dial-in to the perfect action.
The back of the neck is a satin urethane finish that feels like an old friend. The front is finished in high gloss to keep the classic Fender look. For true Fender authenticity, it's also serialized and stamped, down to the genuine "Original Contour Body" and spaghetti logo headstock decal.
- 12" radius
- Maple or Pau Ferro fingerboard
- Maple neck with Walnut "skunk" stripe
- 22 jumbo frets
- Pre-slotted synthetic bone nut
- "Flat Oval" shape
- Neck mounting holes drilled
- Modern-style 3/16 Hex adjustment truss rod nut
- Six tuning machine holes designed for modern 2-pin tuners
- Urethane finish
- Made in Mexico
- Scale length: 25-1/2" (647.70mm)
- Width at nut: 1-11/16" (42.86mm)
- Width at 22nd fret: 2-3/16" (55.56mm)
- Fretwire: 0.055" high x 0.110" wide (1.39mm x 2.79mm)
- Approximate heel length: 4" (101mm)
- String post spread: 4-3/4" (120.65mm)
- Peghole size: 25/64" (10mm)
- Fits neck pockets: 3" x 2-3/16" x 5/8" (76.20mm x 55.56mm x 15.88mm)
- At 1st fret: 0.752"
- At 6th fret: 0.800"
- At 12th fret: 0.830"
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING