Get the right tools you need for professional results
Have you been thinking about making your guitar passion your profession? Do you love the challenge of making instruments play better? Maybe it's time to turn your hobby into a profitable and fun side business.
When you're excited to hone your repair and modding skills, we're here to help you take the next step. The secret to a successful side business is high quality work for your customers—using professional tools will get you up and running.
Get paid for your passion
Have the confidence to get the job done quickly and profitably! You'll be astounded how much you can accomplish with these tools, and how fast you can get professional results. This set comes with everything you need for a professional set up, fret work, nut and saddle making, touching up finishes (and much more)—the bread and butter of every successful repair tech.
When you get serious about repairs or start your business, you'll be amazed how fast this set pays for itself.
Plus— we've discounted this set so you can save money while getting everything you need.
Tools you'll have for life—Unconditional lifetime guarantee
When you invest in these tools, you can feel confident that your money was well spent. Since 1968, our tools have an unconditional lifetime warranty. Our industry-best warranty ensures that these tools will keep working, job after job, year after year.
Each tool is precision designed by a craftsperson like you. In the rare event that something does not meet your expectations, you can simply return the tool to us for a fast and friendly replacement.
Here's just a few things you can do with this set:
- Shape and sand necks and bodies fast with 3M Gold Fre-Cut Sandpaper 220-grit and 320-grit
- Evaluate a neck with a Precision Straightedge (18") and our original String Action Gauge
- Find high frets fast with the Fret Rocker and Luthier's Digital Caliper
- Cut new frets accurately and cleanly with the StewMac Fret Cutter
- Seat and install frets with the Deadbow Fretting Hammer
- Mask a fretboard and more with Binding Tape (3 rolls)
- Level, crown, and dress frets with the Fret Leveler (6"), Double-edge Fret File, Fret End Dressing File, Fret Dressing Stick with Micro-Mesh Belts (14 Belts)
- Fine tune frets and fret ends with the Fret End Dressing File and Micro-Mesh Touch Up Stick
- Slot a nut perfectly every time with our StewMac Safe Slot Nut Guard set and Nut and Saddle Vise, Pull Stroke Gauged Saws .010", and Double-edge Nut Files (4 double gauged files)
- Make a new nut from scratch with the Nut and Saddle Vise and Nut and Saddle Shaping Files
- Polish nuts, saddles, finishes, frets, and more with 3M Flexible Polishing Papers
- Polish nut and saddle slots and threads with Mitchell Cord (4 sizes)
- Refine fret work, get precise nut and saddle thicknesses, and get perfect results with the Luthier's Digital Caliper
- Dial in super playable action with the String Action Gauge
- Evaluate and adjust fingerboard and bridge radius with the Understring Radius Gauges (set of 9)
And—We include Erick Coleman and Dan Erlewine's essential Fret Work Step-by-Step. With this guide and the right tools we've included in this set, you'll take your fret work to the next level.
Turn your hobby into a moneymaker!
Full set includes:
- 3850 Precision Straightedge 18' length
- 0670 String Action Gauge Inch (0670-M Metric in Metric set)
- 0353 Understring Radius Gauges Standard Width. Set of 9
- 0570 Guitar Player Repair Guide
- 1939 Fret Dressing Stick w/ Micro-Mesh Belts Fret Dressing Stick with 14 Belts (2 of each grit)
- 0619 StewMac Fret Cutter
- 1296 Deadbow Fretting Hammer
- 3770 Fret Rocker
- 1175 Fret End Dressing File
- 4491 Double-edge Fret File Wide/ Jumbo
- 0862 Fret Leveler 6"
- 1550 Fret Work Step-by-Step
- 3707 Micro-Mesh Touch Up Stick
- 0671 1/2" wide Binding Tape
- 0660 1/4" wide Binding Tape
- 0678 3/4" wide Binding Tape
- 5098 3M Gold Fre-Cut Sandpaper, 320-grit
- 5097 3M Gold Fre-Cut Sandpaper, 220-grit
- 0447 Luthier's Digital Caliper
- 1816 Nut and saddle Vise
- 4556 Nut and Saddle Shaping Files Set of 2
- 4541 Double-edge Nut Files .012"/.020"
- 4542 Double-edge Nut Files .026"/.032"
- 4543 Double-edge Nut Files .036"/.042"
- 4544 Double-edge Nut Files .050"/.0060"
- 3570 Pull Stroke Gauged Saws .010"
- 6125 Mitchell Cord .015
- 6126 Mitchell Cord .018
- 6127 Mitchell Cord .030
- 6128 Mitchell Cord .055
- 0570 Guitar Player Repair Guide
- 6040 3M Flexible Polishing Papers 30/400
- 6041 3M Flexible Polishing Papers 15/600
- 6042 3M Flexible Polishing Papers 9/1200
- 6043 3M Flexible Polishing Papers 3/4000
- 6044 3M Flexible Polishing Papers 2/6000
- 6045 3M Flexible Polishing Papers 1/8000
- 1811 Feeler Gauges
- 1796 Neck Caul
- 0674 String Spacing Rule
- 1797 Acoustic Wedge
- 1798 Electric Wedge