Your complete professional guitar shop starts here
Do you want to be able service EVERY guitar that comes into your shop? You'll never have to make a customer wait for you to cobble together a jig again—with the Guitar Shop Master Tool Set you'll have everything you need. You've been honing your craft and improving your skills, now get the results you've been dreaming of. Get the tools that the professionals use day in and day out to get the job done right—precisely and quickly, and more importantly...profitably.
When you've got the desire to make your living as a full time guitar repair tech, we're here to support you every step of the way. We've worked with our team of techs, builders, and luthiers to assemble the most complete, ready to go, fully stocked guitar shop set we could imagine. With the Erlewine Neck Jig Workstation, Jaws2 Fret Press, Solder Monster, diamond files, and more (over 100 professional tools) your work will have the accuracy and speed you've always wanted.
Now your shop can solve ANY guitar, amp, or electronics problem that comes in. With this set you'll have a full service fretting station, amp and electronics wiring station, and be able to safely adjust ANY neck that comes into your shop. You'll have the best tools in the industry to dial in a perfect setup for every instrument and every unique player.
With this set, you'll only turn down work because you're booked, not because you don't have the tools you need.
What can you do with this set?
Over 100 professional tools to solve any problem
- Complete refret—Make a tough job easy with expert tools to pull old frets, minimize chipping, check and establish radius (7 different radii) and fix any fretboard wear.
- Level any new fretboard fast—Three sizes of precision ground leveling bars let you sand an entire mandolin, guitar, or bass fretboard at one time.
- Clean and prep fret slots—You have the right tools to perfectly clean fret slots that will let a fret seat effortlessly.
- Advanced fret work—You can fine-tune fret barbs to perfectly fit any size slot, and you can cut the tangs to drop the fret right into a bound fingerboard.
- Install new frets—Precisely pound or press in new frets on any instrument, acoustic or electric, even over an acoustic soundboard.
- Level frets—The leveling files precisely flatten frets quickly and consistently. You'll have the control to remove only the material you need to.
- Dress frets—Save time with diamond recrowning files that leave far less scratches to remove. You'll also make the frets feel amazing with perfectly smooth ends. Tools to shine and polish the frets will give customers that buttery smooth feeling every time they play.
- Make new nuts and saddles from scratch—A perfect upgrade for any guitar, you can make new nuts that are seated perfectly flat and square for a precise fit. Find the most comfortable string spacing and string height for any instrument.
- Precision setup—Your setups will be faster than ever with tools to find high frets, match fingerboard and bridge radii, protect fretboards, support acoustic and electric necks, evaluate neck relief, and set the most comfortable action.
- Set up a dedicated work space—You'll never risk scratching a customer's instrument with the Bench Pad and neck rests. You'll have the secure space to safely fine tune any instrument that comes into your shop.
- Do ANY Electronics work—Tackle guitar, pedal, and amp wiring jobs with ease. You can wire anything that comes into your shop quickly and cleanly with the Solder Monster, Soldering Station, and the right soldering tools.
Adjust any neck! 18 trussrod wrenches included
To make sure you can work on ANYTHING that comes into your shop, we've included all 18 trussrod wrenches we make. From a ‘52 Tele to unique acoustics to a brand new build, you'll have the right wrench to make all of the precise adjustments you need.
And—We also include Erick Coleman and Dan Erlewine's essential Fret Work Step-by-Step. This is not just a handbook, it is like apprenticing with two masters of their craft. Diving into the course lets you feel like you are working side-by-side in their shop. You'll learn all the tricks that it took Erick and Dan decades to develop, from seating a single high fret to a full refret on a delicate vintage guitar.
Tools you'll have for life—Unconditional lifetime guarantee
When you invest in these tools, you can feel confident that your money was well spent. Since 1968, our tools have an unconditional lifetime warranty. Our industry-best warranty ensures that these tools will keep working, job after job, year after year. Each tool is expertly designed by a craftsperson like you. In the rare event a tool does not meet your expectations, you can simply return it for a replacement.
Build the shop of your dreams now!
Full set includes the Deluxe Set, and special additions only found in the Master Set
Full set includes:
Major Shop Tools
- 5399 Erlewine Neck Jig
- 5390 Erlewine Shop Stand
- 1820 Angle Vise
- 3814 Notched Straightedge, For guitars
- 3850 Precision Straightedges, 18" length
- 5433 Radius Gauges, Notched, set of 4
- 2004 Neck Relief Gauge
- 5432 Radius Gauges, Original (smooth), set of 2
- 0353 Understring Radius Gauges, Standard width, set of 9
- 0447 Luthier's Digital Caliper
- 0670 String Action Gauge, Inches (0670-M Metric in International set)
- 1679 Guitar Bench Pad
- 3728 Rock-n-Roller Neck Rest,5" acoustic
- 3722 Rock-n-Roller Neck Rest, 3-3/4" solidbodies
- 1685 OptiVISOR Headband
- 1686 Quasar LS Lights
- 4267 Jaws2 Fret Press
- 4368 2.5" Fret Press Insert, 5 radii: 6”, 7.25", 9.5”, 12", 16"
- 1296 Deadblow Fretting Hammer
- 4577 Fret/Fingerboard Levelers, 3 lengths: 8" length, 16" length, 24" length
- 5767 3M Stikit Self-adhesive Abrasives, 120-grit, 15 yards
- 5768 3M Stikit Self-adhesive Abrasives, 220-grit, 15 yards
- 5769 3M Stikit Self-adhesive Abrasives, 320-grit, 15 yards
- 1175 Fret End Dressing File
- 3770 Fret Rocker
- 3731 Micro-Mesh Soft Touch Pads, 3" x 4" Set of 9
- 3602 Refret Saw
- 4870 Fret Slot Cleaning Tool
- 0415 8" Radius Blocks in 7 radii: 7.25", 9.5", 10", 12", 16", 14", 20"
- 0410 4" Radius Blocks in 7 radii: 7.25", 9.5", 10", 12", 16", 14", 20"
- 3744 StewMac Fingerboard Guards, For Guitar, Set of 6
- 0487 Teflon Fret Dam
- 0619 StewMac Fret Cutter
- 1158 Chip Stoppers, Set of 2
- 1636 Precision Fret Puller
- 1645 StewMac Fret Tang Nipper
- 0862 Fret/Fingerboard Leveling Files, Fret Leveler, 6"
- 5054 Offset Diamond Fret File, 300-grit
- 5082 Z-File Fret Crowning Files, Original Z-File
- 1550 Fret Work Step-By-Step
- 0671 Binding Tape 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" widths
- 1601 3-Corner Fret Dressing Files, Small, 7-3/8"
- 1602 3-Corner Fret Dressing Files, Medium, 8"
- 1603 3-Corner Fret Dressing Files, Large, 9"
- 4900 Fret Crimper
- 4363 Fret Barber
- 1816 Nut and Saddle Vise
- 2003 Nut Slotting Gauge, For guitar and most instruments
- 3707 Micro-Mesh Touch Up Stick
- 4047 Nut and Saddle Sander
- 1811 Feeler Gauges
- 1796 Neck Caul
- 0674 String Spacing Rule
- 1797 Acoustic Wedge
- 1798 Electric Wedge
Only in the Master Set—complete set of truss rod wrenches
- 6101 Hex truss rod wrenches For 1/4" nut
- 6102 Hex truss rod wrenches For 9/32" nut
- 6103 Hex truss rod wrenches For 5/16" nut
- 6107 Allen truss rod wrenches 1/8"
- 6210 Allen truss rod wrenches 1/8" Bent
- 6113 Allen truss rod wrenches 4mm
- 6115 Allen truss rod wrenches 3/16
- 6108 Allen truss rod wrenches 5mm
- 6209 For 1/8" nut; single-bend 5-5/8" reach
- 6211 For 1/8" nut; triple-bend with 5-3/4" reach
- 6212 For 4mm nut; triple-bend with 5-3/4" reach
- 6110 For 5mm nut; single-bend with 2" reach
- 6114 For 5mm nut; single-bend with 4-1/2" reach
- 6111 Truss Rod Wrench for Fender
- 6104 Pocket Truss Rod Wrenches For 1/4" nut
- 6105 Pocket Truss Rod Wrenches For 9/32" nut
- 6138 Truss Rod Crank for Tele
- 6106 Pocket Truss Rod Wrenches For 5/16" Gibson nut
Only in the Master Set—complete professional wiring set
- 0531 Solder Monster
- 3620 Multimeter
- 0501 SL-30 Soldering Station (0601 220-volt in International set)
- 0505 Pocket-Pak Solder (0505-LF Lead-free Solder in International set)
- 1606 Fine-Guage Wire Stripper
- 1607 Wire Cutter
- 1609 Round Nose Bending Pliers
- 1610 Long Nose Pliers
- 0521 Soldering Aids
- 0504 Solder Wick
- 0503 Solder Sucker
- 0520-CU Alligator Clip Heat Sinks
- 5121 Curved Jaw Wiring Hemostat
- 1552 Snuffer Sticker