ColorTone Nitrocellulose Guitar Lacquer
can be applied over smooth bare wood, sanded basecoats of paste wood fillers, ColorTone Sanding Sealer, and over ColorTone Wood Stains.
Sand the wood to #220 grit. Use a tack cloth and vacuum to remove dust. Shake the can for at least one minute after agitator balls rattle. Spray the surface from 8-10 inches away. Apply thin coats in steady uniform strokes to achieve the desired finish. Allow at least four hours between coats, and wait 24 hours before level-sanding. IMPORTANT: Let the finish cure for 10-14 days before final sanding and buffing. To clear the spray head, invert the can and spray for 2-3 seconds.
USE IN WELL VENTILATED AREAS. AVOID INHALING VAPORS OR SPRAY.
Wear a NIOSHA-approved respirator while spraying. Vapor may affect the brain or nervous system, causing dizziness, headache or nausea. Causes nose, throat, eye and skin irritation. Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents may be harmful or fatal.
WARNING: Contents under pressure. Do not puncture this container. VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE OR EXPLOSION. Exposure to heat or prolonged exposure to direct sunlight may cause bursting. Eye irritant. Harmful if swallowed.
FIRST AID: If you experience eye watering, dizziness or headaches, increase the fresh air supply. If ingested, seek medical attention immediately. In case of eye contact, flush with fresh water for 15 minutes. In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
STORAGE/DISPOSAL: Do not expose this container to heat or storage at temperatures above 120F. Discard the empty can in accordance with local ordinances. DO NOT burn the can or place it in a home garbage compactor.
CONTENTS: Ester, alcohol and ketone solvents, and hydrocarbon propellant. Non-photochemically reactive. VOC Content: 85%
PRECAUTIONS: Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off stoves, heaters, electric motors and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Prevent vapor build-up by opening all windows and doors for cross-ventilation, or use other means for fresh air entry during application and drying. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling. Replace the cap after use.
Danger! Extremely Flammable!
Keep out of the reach of children.