By Dan Erlewine
You'll find no better book for doing your own setup and maintenance than this trusted guide from the world's best-known guitar repairman.
Dan Erlewine packed this second edition with more photo-illustrated tips for guitarists and technicians. He shares expert setup and adjustment techniques, with valuable trade secrets along the way.
Contents in brief
- Evaluating a guitar, from headstock to tailpiece
- Using the right tools (pop-out radius gauges are included free in the book)
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Personalizing the action and intonation
- Professional players' setup specs.
- Guitar wiring and pickup replacement
Online Video: Easy Electric Guitar Setup
Get exclusive online video access showing setups for Strat,® Les Paul,® Floyd Rose® and bass, plus tips for wiring and truss rod adjustment.
134 pages, softcover. 2012