The most famous name in banjo pegs—exclusively from StewMac.
For nearly 50 years Five-Star® pegs have been the choice of players and builders for quality and reliable tuning.
These high quality pegs have the traditional 4:1 ratio, but with planetary gearing for fast, accurate tuning.
Machined brass gear case and shafts, brass ring gear, steel pinion gears, and sealed lubrication ensure durability for long life. The handsome removable knobs have adjustable tension screws for the right feel.
Beautiful knobs and plating
We've greatly expanded your choice of knobs so that you can find the custom look for your new banjo or to perfectly restore a vintage original.
Pick the look that's right for you
- Ivoroid knobs are machined from Galalith, a dense and durable casein-based material that polishes beautifully. It resembles real ivory, but is a non-animal alternative.
- Amber Swirl has the look of a loved knob that aged gracefully.
- Ebony knobs are machined from real wood. They're lightweight and add a custom look to your banjo.
- Cream has a vintage-correct look for many banjo styles.
- Black gives a clean, contemporary style to your banjo.
- Vintage Pearloid is semi-translucent and has the look of early plastics that compliments vintage hardware.
Five-Star pegs fit standard 3/8" (10.00mm) diameter pegholes, and include threaded hex bushings with peghead washers. They fit 7/16" to 3/4" (11.11mm to 19.05mm) peghead thicknesses.
Our Five-Star 5th String Peg is also available.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING