StewMac is a leading ecommerce company providing tools and supplies to people who build and repair stringed
instruments both professionally and as a hobby. We are the largest provider in the industry and many of our
tools and supplies are used in the production of just about every major and boutique guitar brand.
Part of the StewMac "magic" is an extreme commitment to great products and great educational content. We were
doing content marketing before "content marketing" was even a thing. We're widely recognized as one of the
industry's top thought leaders because of our great content.
StewMac offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental and vision benefits, flexible
PTO, and an employee discount program!
Founded in 1968, StewMac is headquartered in Athens, Ohio. We've been an innovator and market category leader for
50 years. We encourage you to learn more about us at www.stewmac.com or
check out our YouTube Channel @stewartmacdonald.
Accounting Administrative Assistant
StewMac is accepting applications for a temporary accounting administrative position. The right candidate will will work closely with our accounting, purchasing, and operations personnel. The position is a 4-6 months assignment.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with credit card recons (daily/weekly)
- Assist with prepping and entering A/P bills
- Assist with A/P check process (matching invoices with checks)
- Assist with A/R payments, invoicing
- File vendor invoices (weekly)
- Mail A/P payments
- Sort/distribute incoming mail including sealed paychecks
- Mail customer A/R statements (monthly)
- Mail A/P checks (weekly)
- Ship packages as needed
- Print Qlik management report (weekly)
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform related job duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Scanning and printing documents
- Present information and respond to questions
- A basic understanding and use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word
- Ability to navigate the internet and use email
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal guidance and take ownership of his/her work product
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks as assigned
Education and Experiene
- One to two years of working in an office environment
- A comparable amount of training and/or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday.