The first step to a flawless finish
ColorTone Powdered Grain Filler is the best choice for filling and leveling the pores of open-grain woods (like rosewood, ash, mahogany, and more) before finishing. Mix with water for the perfect consistency for any wood or job you have.
Custom mix to your exact needs
Our powdered filler works with all stains and finishes including nitro, poly, waterbase, varnish, shellac, and more. The filler won’t shrink or crack, it dries fast and sands easily. You can mix the powder as thick or as thin as you need. Using a contrasting filler color can often enhance the grain as well.
Everything you need for a factory look
- Fills wood pores without sinking, shrinking, or cracking
- Compatible with all finishes
- Compatible with all stains, waterbase pigments, sealers, and topcoats
- Colors developed especially for instruments
- Neutral is perfect for custom tinting with ColorTone Stains and Pigments
- Easy to apply, dries fast, and sands easily
- Non-toxic, solvent-free, and nonflammable
ColorTone Powdered Grain Filler is supplied as a fine powder, ready to mix with water (a 1:2 ratio of water to filler works for us). Apply to the wood, scrape or squeegee off excess, let it dry, sand the surface level, and clean with a damp cloth. It's that easy! Now you're ready to spray a smooth blemish-free professional finish.
No shelf-life to worry about—when stored dry, the filler will last indefinitely.
6-ounce (170ml) resealable pouch.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING