Their simple open-gear 6-on-plate design will improve tuning without adding significant weight to the peghead. Available in bright nickel, or with Relic finish that adds an authentic look to vintage and reproduction instruments. Complete set for 12-string slotted peghead.
"For 20 years we've been dying for someone to manufacture tuners like these. People who build replica instruments or who do any restoration or repair work are just going to love these. Absolutely terrific, StewMac!" — Frank Ford, Gryphon Stringed Instruments, Palo Alto CA
"Guys like me have waited a long time for these, and they’re a dream come true. They’re great — nice and tight, with a good gear ratio, and they allow me to keep the old-style spacing so I can have a headstock of the same dimensions as the originals.”
— Todd Cambio, Fraulini Guitars
• Rectangular steel baseplates with vintage-style square riveted worm supports
• Steel string posts for slotted pegheads
• 15:1 gear ratio for improved tuning
• Original-shape cream or black plastic knobs
• .922" (23.42mm) string post spacing
• .236" (6.00mm) string post diameter
• Mounting screws included
Note: Mounting screw holes on original 12-string tuners varied widely.
To be sure these tuners fit your instrument, compare your existing machines and peghole dimensions to our listed specs to help determine the best replacement.