Design update: now works for ukuleles, too!
Cut perfect soundholes and rosette channels for guitars and ukes.
Easy and accurate, this jig now adjusts from 6"-diameter to a small 2" cut for ukuleles.
Another innovation from StewMac
The Soundhole and Rosette Routing Jig is a quality machined tool, designed to be used with our Precision Router Base and works with your Dremel. Router base and rotary tools are not included.
- Solid aluminum and brass parts
- Adjusts from 2" to 6"-diameter cuts (50.8mm to 152.4mm)
- Indexing scale to quickly set routing diameter
- 3/16" registration pin for perfectly concentric circles
- Mounting screws and instructions included
How it works
Attach the jig to the router base, then mount your Dremel or Foredom tool. Insert the registration pin through the center of the uncut soundhole, and into your work surface. Place the jig on the pin. Set the diameter of cut with the adjusting screw, and lock it down. The router base adjusts the cutting depth. Rout your rosette rings first, then cut out the soundhole.
For the cleanest cut when routing tonewoods, we recommend the Carbide Downcut Bits.