Our first choice for filling the pores of open-grain woods. Compatible with all stains and finishes.
The first step to a flawless professional finish!
ColorTone Waterbase Grain Filler is our first choice for filling and leveling the pores of open-grain woods, such as rosewood, ash, koa and mahogany, before spraying a finish. No shrinking or cracking; it dries faster than other types of fillers, and sands easily. Supplied in 4-ounce jars, ready to mix with water.
"It's grain filler, wood putty, crack filler, hole-filler and mistake-patcher, all rolled into one product. The colors are natural and realistic."
ColorTone Grain Filler is supplied in paste form, ready to mix with water (10-15 percent water works well for us) and brush on the wood. Let it dry, sand the surface level, and clean with a damp cloth. It's that easy, and you're ready to spray a smooth, blemish-free professional finish. No shelf-life problems: if the filler dries hard in your cup, simply add more water.
- Waterbase, non-toxic, solvent-free and nonflammable
- Compatible with all finishes, including nitrocellulose and waterbase lacquers
- Compatible with most stains, waterbase pigments, sealers and topcoats
- Traditional guitar colors
- Neutral is a light base filler for custom tinting
- Easy to apply, dries fast and sands easily
- Fills wood pores without sinking, shrinking or cracking
4-ounce (118ml) container.
Why use grain filler? Unfinished rosewood, mahogany, koa and ash have porous "open-grained" surfaces. Filling and leveling the pores leaves the surface smooth for applying uniform finish coats. Using a contrasting filler color can often enhance the grain as well.