We are seeking a metrics-oriented direct marketing professional with significant experience in catalog, internet, and email marketing management, to develop the company's marketing strategies and to lead a highly skilled team in implementing those strategies. In addition to being a good strategist, the candidate must be an enthusiastic tactician, willing and able to do some of the "grunt work" required to meet marketing goals. The candidate must also have strong analytical skills to evaluate sales results and to assess the costs/benefits of various marketing efforts. A bachelor's degree is required; an MBA is a plus.
- Manage all web-based and direct marketing activities, building on successful marketing practices that are in place, including
- On-line marketing efforts, including paid and organic search, use of social media, on-line advertising, and website enhancement such as web copy upgrade, enhanced site search, home page analysis and redesign, use of product video clips, and enhanced merchandising tools
- Direct marketing efforts, including catalog design and production, catalog circulation, and email marketing campaigns
- Print advertising
- Reporting and analysis of marketing results
- Competitor analysis
- Develop and execute an annual marketing plan to achieve strategic goals, with primary focus on new customer acquisition and customer retention initiatives
- Develop and manage to an annual marketing budget
- Develop an understanding of customer buying and usage habits by customer segment, including drivers of purchase decision, customer satisfaction, and customer profitability
- Analyze business performance trends for customer acquisition, channel analysis, customer retention, and lifetime value of a customer.
- Working closely with merchandising, provide leadership to the creative team in developing effective creative/copy for product and content for website, catalog, ads, and email campaigns.
- Work with executive team to develop product pricing strategies
- Manage relevant outside vendor relationships
- Manage, train, and mentor the marketing staff
We are located in Athens Ohio, a lively college town
situated in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, 75
miles southeast of Columbus, the state capital. Athens,
noted for its active, diverse music scene, offers a
variety of cultural events, many of which take place at
Ohio University. People moving to Athens often remark
about the high quality of life, low cost-of-living,
friendly people, and strong sense of community shared by
the diverse groups living in the area.
Stewart-MacDonald provides a supportive work environment,
competitive wages, and excellent benefits.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume,
including salary history, to email@example.com