Catalog Production Artist, full-time position with benefits
StewMac’s Catalog Production Artist works with the Creative Director and other team members (design, photography, copywriting, purchasing) to assemble our catalog and other information pages.
File management: maintain and organize all production files (copy, images, notes, misc.).
Copy: work with copywriter to edit text to fit page requirements.
Scheduling: coordinate the scheduling and production of catalog and other documents.
Color: understand and apply prepress management of color photos for reproduction.
Workflow process: identify and create solutions for inefficiencies; raise potential issues.
Quality: Ensure quality standards are met and maintained for all projects.
Vendor relationships: Help manage relationships and schedules with print vendors.
Other administrative tasks as necessary
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for production of catalog and other documents, placing images and text in InDesign.
- Handle all changes and distribute proofs.
- Prepare all files for type and color release.
- Proficiency in InDesign.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
- Understanding of offset printing methods and requirements a plus
- Strong graphic design skills and understanding of typography
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks
Stewart-MacDonald provides a fun and supportive work environment, competitive wages, and excellent benefits. To apply, please email a cover letter, resume (including salary history,) and portfolio to to email@example.com
or fax it to 740-593-7922.