All of the wire and components you need to wire a 2-pickup guitar or bass.
Jazz Basses® don't use a selector switch to control what pickup is active, they use two volume controls that allow you to blend the pickups together. Here's what you need for wiring those pickups into your J-bass! All the parts, plus a diagram to show you how.
The premium kit features cloth-covered push-back wire — the right wire for Fender and vintage-style guitar circuitry. The pots in this kit are upgraded to CTS brand for longer life and a smoother, more accurate response.
This setup can be used for basses and guitars, or you can add a selector switch (sold separately) for added flexibility.
Wiring kit for Jazz Bass includes
- Output jack
- 250K CTS control pots (3)
- .047uF Orange Drop capacitor
- Non-shielded cloth-insulated push-back circuit wire: 22 AWG, white, 12" long
- Non-shielded cloth-insulated push-back circuit wire: 22AWG, black, 24" long
- Shielded braided push-back circuit wire: 22 AWG, 12" long
- Wiring diagram
Be sure your control knobs will fit!
CTS pots have a fine-knurled 24-spline split shaft.
CTS control pot specifications
||0.235" (5.95mm) split shaft, fine knurling
||3/8" x 32
|Threaded portion height
|Required mounting hole diameter