EMG along with legendary artist Geezer Butler have collaborated to develop the GZR-P signature bass pickup set. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame bass player started working with EMG founder Rob Turner in 2011, looking to recreate the classic bass tones he had in Black Sabbath's early days.
As Geezer and Black Sabbath moved from studio to touring in 2013 the final component of getting the classic Geezer tone was in play - a passive pickup with a truly vintage tone an feel. To recapture Geezer's early Black Sabbath tone, it meant a new EMG vintage style passive P design with a few modern touches.
The all solderless P set uses Alnico V pole pieces and custom wound coils for just the right amount of punch and grit.
"I never felt comfortable giving my name to any other pickups, but this time these have blown me away." - Geezer Butler
P-HZ (GZR Model) Specifications:
- Logo Color: Gold
- Magnet Type: Alnico 5
- Inductance (Henries): 6.12
- DC Resistrance (kOhm): 11.20
- Resonant Frequency (KHz)(1): 1.77
- Resonant Frequency (KHz)(2): 2.36
- Impedance at Resonance (kOhm)(1): 68.00
- (1) Loaded with 500K Volume and Tone and 20' (6M) 560pf cable
- (2) Loaded with 1 MegOhm / 47pf
The GZR-PHZ System features:
- 1 - 25K Volume Pot
- 1 - 25K Tone Pot
- 1 - Mono Output Jack
- 2 - Pair Mounting Screws
- 1 - Bridge Ground Connector
- 1 - Pickup Cable
- 2 - Connect Cables
- 1 - Output Cable
- 1 - Bridge Ground Wire