Build your own high quality pedal
- Genuine JHS circuits and components
- Easy StewMac instructions and support
JHS 808: Improves on the TS-808 Tube Screamer
The most famous overdrive ever, the 808 was favored by discriminating guitarists including Joe Bonamassa, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Johnson.
Building on the classic 808 circuit, JHS Pedals added a three-way gain switch for more options:
- Classic 808 sound that made this circuit famous
- Open volume boost
- Added LED-driven crunch
This is the genuine JHS 808 in kit form
- Original quality components used by JHS
- Genuine JHS circuit board
- Sturdy cast metal case, predrilled
- Step-by-step picture instructions from StewMac
If you can't buy it, build it!
JHS retired their hand-built JHS 808, and the only way to buy one has been to talk somebody into selling theirs (not likely). These great pedals need to be back in the hands of players, so StewMac partnered with JHS to create this classic reissue kit.
True bypass: when the JHS 808 is switched off, it does not affect your signal chain.
This DIY pedal kit includes:
Metal pedal enclosure (4-13/16" x 2-5/8" x 1-3/8")
Op-amp and socket
LED + LED mounting bezel
DC power connector
Ribbon cable and wire
This pedal requires a standard 9V DC center-negative power supply (not included) and consumes less than 100mA. There's no battery option.