Torrefied tops now available!
Build a great sounding 000-size guitar from AAA-grade tonewoods. Start with the advantage of precision machining from our Ohio shop.
- Carved mahogany neck
- Accurately bent sides
- Bookmatched back, joined and cut to shape
- AAA spruce top with soundhole and rosette channel
- Slotted fingerboard, ready for frets
Designed with your success in mind
With the kit, you get a lot of help to make sure your guitar turns out great. The full-size blueprint is modeled after a prized vintage Martin, and shows exactly how every part fits. A sturdy cardboard body mold holds the guitar sides in the perfect contour as you build.
The instruction book is really a short course in guitarmaking, by luthiers Todd Sams and Dan Erlewine; no other kit has anything like it. Todd and Dan made the step-by-step DVD that's included with the kit, too (over $40 value). From start to finish, these guitarmakers guide you to a successful build.
You don't need a big shop
We've done the critical machining, so the neck joint and other parts fit well right from the start.
A slotted bone nut and shaped bone saddle are included, along with inlays, bindings and our two-way Hot Rod truss rod. (We know that tuning machines are something you'll prefer to choose for yourself.)
New torrefied spruce option
Choose a torrefied spruce top for the stability, tone and look of well-aged vintage wood. This high-temperature, low-oxygen kiln drying improves the wood, similar to decades of natural aging.
Included in our kits:
- Solid AAA tonewoods: spruce, rosewood and mahogany
- Precisely machined neck joint at the 12-fret, dovetail or bolt-on
- Bridge pins, end pin, frets, bindings, rosette and trim
- Hot Rod two-way adjustable truss rod
- Precut heavy cardboard molds for trouble-free body assembly
- Full-size blueprint and bracing template
- Illustrated 36-page spiral-bound instruction book
- Step-by-step DVD: Building an Acoustic Guitar Kit
View the complete parts list (PDF file 105KB).
What tools do you need to build this kit?
Our kit instructions has a complete list of all tools and supplies needed.
We offer easy-to-order sets of the tools that kit builders find most useful.