For use with computer or smartphone
MAG-ic Probe is an electronic thickness gauge for accurately measuring the thickness of instrument tops, sides and backs. This new MAG-ic Probe BLE is the smallest, most versatile version yet.
Works where a traditional caliper can't!
Unlike a traditional mechanical caliper, MAG-ic Probe's electronically calibrated magnet-based design works for assembled instruments, too—it's easy to measure prized instruments and replicate their specs in your own builds.
The MAG-ic Probe measures any point on an instrument, by inserting the steel ball bearing through an f-hole or soundhole. As you move the magnet on the outside, the ball follows inside, providing the thickness reading in both mils (1/1000th inch) and millimeters. Of course, it's great for measuring flat plates of tonewood, too.
- Compact: all the electronics are inside the small handheld probe
- USB-powered (battery pack supplied, or use your computer)
- Downloadable software for your computer
- Smartphone app for mobile use
- MAG-ic Probe BLE handheld unit
- Ball magnet for guitars and plates: 1/2" (13mm)
- Cylinder magnet for violin/mandolin f-holes: 1/4" (6.35mm)
- USB cable
- Battery Pack for mobile use
- Free MAG-ic Probe Lite software (downloadable)
Free MAG-ic Probe Lite Software allows you to upload a picture of the instrument or object you are measuring on your computer and record each measurement you make to that picture.
Optional MAG-ic Probe PRO Software transforms your completed measurements into a full-color contour map to instantly visualize your thickness planes. Available directly from MAG-ic Probe.
Measure other materials, too
MAG-ic Probe BLE will read any non-ferromagnetic material up to 15mm, including Plastics, Aluminum, Copper and composite sheet materials.