Bring a violin back to life!
Produced by Dan Erlewine, and featuring veteran violin repairman Paul Newson.
Save 30% OFF regular prices! Sale ends Jan 30, 2015.
|"Paul Newson takes us through all the steps of refurbishing a violin that had been stored in an attic for over 50 years. The result is a fine instrument. Paul's a great teacher!" — Dan
The focus of this video
You'll learn how to take a violin from "forgotten in the attic" condition to "ready to play."
- Evaluating the condition of the instrument
- Planing and finishing the fingerboard
- Fitting new pegs and drilling the string holes
- Fitting a new nut
- Installing a new endpin
- Fitting a new tailpiece
- Installing a new tailpiece fastener
- Making and fitting a new soundpost
- Carving a perfect bridge from a blank
- Fitting the bridge to the top
- Installing the strings
- Setting the action
- Installing the chinrest
- Explanation of the tools necessary for violin setup
This DVD is not "region-specific," and is intended for worldwide use.