Reset a neck without fear! Removal and resetting techniques for restoring playable string action on traditional dovetail-neck guitars.
Save 30% OFF regular prices! Sale ends Jan 30, 2015.
Dan Erlewine demonstrates the basics of neck removal and resetting on a "yard sale" archtop guitar.
- Steaming a dovetail neck joint for neck removal.
- Calculating the correct neck angle.
- Trimming the neck joint tenon and installing shims.
- Luthier Bryan Galloup resets a 1949 Martin 0-18.
- Bryan resets a Gibson J-45 neck and repositions it to correct intonation problems.
These DVDs are not "region-specific," and are intended for worldwide use.