By James E. Patterson
Instructions for grinding, sawing, routing and gluing abalone and mother-of-pearl, and much more.
The bible of pearl work! The inspiration for generations of inlay artists. Reprinted from the original edition, it includes instructions for grinding, sawing, routing and gluing abalone and mother-of-pearl; making jigs for cutting dots, diamonds and strips; abalone purfling techniques, and tips on pearl engraving.
Pearl Inlay Book is included FREE with these tool kits:
Pearl Cutting Jig Set
Essential Engraving Kit
Contents in brief
- Safety; getting started
- Inlay materials
- Producing shell blanks
- Sawboards and other tools and materials for sawing
- Preparing the inlay surface
- Tools and materials for cavity routing
- Routing inlay cavities
- Gluing inlays
- Cutting and inlaying abalone border strips; binding and purfling
- Engraving mother-of-pearl
- Other inlay techniques
- Selecting and working with shell
81 pages, softcover.