By Robert Benedetto
Bob Benedetto's fantastic book on making your own archtop guitar.
Best Seller! Ever want to make an archtop guitar? Now you can learn from a true master, Bob Benedetto. The definitive book on carved-top guitarmaking, this book includes sections on wood selection, tap-tuning and plate graduation; tools and fixtures; bracing; finishing techniques, and marketing advice for the luthier. Each step in construction is fully described, with detailed illustrations and fine photography (special color photos of Bob's guitars, too).
Order Bob's book with his DVD set and SAVE!
Archtop Guitar Design and Construction
Contents in brief
- Wood selection
- Making the body mold
- Carving the top and back plates
- Cutting F-holes
- Top bracing and side bending
- Neckblock and tailblock construction
- Gluing the back to the top and sides
- Cutting the mortise
- Binding the body
- Scraping the recurve
- Making and fitting the neck
- Fret dressing
- Fitting the nut
- The fittings: tailpiece, bridge, fingerrest, truss rod cover and tuners
- Final setup
- Marketing your guitars
276 pages, softcover.